I’m coming up on my 20 year anniversary from when I first started investing, so I figured it’s the perfect time to do a list showing my TOP investing lessons learned over the past twenty years…
And I wanted to focus on lessons that could be applied in TODAY’S markets since they’re always changing.
If you want the TL;DR the list is below, but I highly suggest watching the video or listening to the podcast so you understand all the nuance that comes with the lessons.
- Learn to survive first, then thrive.
- Start by mastering one thing (market, setup, niche).
- Compounding > fast gains.
- Scared money loses, always.
- Big gains come from anticipating, not reacting.
- Correctly sizing positions is key.
- Don’t chase the herd, but know when they’re right.
- Trade less. Profit more.
- Look for asymmetric risk-reward.
- Remove your ego.
- When building size, get comfortable feeling uncomfortable.
- Top-down analysis can remove guessing.
- Don’t let short-term goals drive decisions.
- Have non-market related income sources.
- Health comes first.
- Losses happen, don’t let them define you.
- 99%+ of day traders lose.
- Don’t blindly follow a guru’s trade alerts.
- Show up every single day.
- Flat is a position too.
Links & Resources:
- Take my mental strength quiz and get a free copy of my ebook “15 ways to become a confident, disciplined investor”
- Subscribe to the new We Talk Money show!
- Join the Skill Incubator’s Wealth Building Community
- Read “Ego Is The Enemy” by Ryan Holiday
Subscribe To The Show:
- Submit a question for the show
- Subscribe on YouTube
- Subscribe on iTunes and Spotify